Our single-piece steel straight-rail frame with 3-inch flanges and rugged dogbone cross members helps to maintain the integrity of your walk-in van structure by reducing flex and bowing, which minimizes body stress when traveling and provides optimal heavy-duty load-carrying strength.
MT-45 Diesel, Gas & Propane
- Durable 8″ steel straight-rail frame with 3″ flanges and rugged dogbone cross members reduces flex and bowing to minimize chassis stress while carrying up to 10,000 lb. of cargo
- 8.0″ x 3.0″ x 0.25″
- 50,000 PSI
- 7.35 section modulus
- Durable full-section steel straight-rail frame—among the largest in the industry—reduces flex and bowing to minimize chassis stress while carrying up to 19,000 lb. of cargo
- 9 1/8″ x 2 13/16″ x 5/16″
- 80,000 PSI
- 10.8 section modulus
- Over 30 percent larger windshield combined with sloped hood for over an 8-foot better line of sight than F-650
- Optional air disc brakes for a shorter stopping distance and less brake fade
- 3-piece bumper with breakaway bolts to minimize potential tire damage and quicker replacement
- 55-degree wheel cut has a better turning radius, reducing the need to back-up and minimizing potential accidents
Airliner® Air Ride
Airliner® Air Ride’s ingenious, no-maintenance design saves weight and operating costs while superbly cushioning you, your vehicle and your load.
- Compared to steel suspensions, the AirLiner delivers greater comfort and, consequently, provides better handling and protection for the load.
- Because the AirLiner suspension systems has substantially fewer parts than competing systems, they offer greater reliability and need less servicing attention in the long run.
- They require no lubrication, which means little or no routine maintenance.
- Resale price comparisons prove that trucks equipped with air ride suspensions command a higher resale value versus trucks equipped with standard spring suspensions.
- AirLiner’s proven combination of trailing arm leaf springs and self-leveling, rolling-lobe air bags provides a uniformly soft spring ride, smoothing the ridges and filling the ruts like only a premium air suspension can.
- The AirLiner is also designed to reduce sway when turning or negotiating curves, further providing superb ride and handling.
Elastomer bushings that insulate your profit margin.
Elastomer bushings ensure that the metal parts of the AirLiner suspension won’t rub together, resulting in longer product life. And since there’s no wear surface to lubricate or replace, the AirLiner performance is never compromised—leading to a continued comfortable ride and a very comfortable bottom line.
A height-control valve that keeps drivelines in line.
To produce the relatively constant spring rate necessary for optimum cushioning performance, an air ride suspension must maintain a relatively constant ride height. AirLiner utilizes a premium rotary valve to fulfill this height-control function. Why a rotary-type valve? Because the efficiency of a conventional, rubber-seat valve can deteriorate with age, altering not only the spring rate but also the driveline angle, possibly shortening the driveshaft life.
Suspensions that aren’t afraid of the scale.
AirLiner air ride suspensions are lightweight champions. These suspensions are naturally lean because there are fewer parts to begin with. And they feature aluminum brackets on all but the 23,000-lb. models.
FCCC is your single-source solution – no matter the fuel or the application.
24/7 Direct means around-the-clock factory-direct support and so much more.
At FCCC, we share the heritage and engineering excellence of the Daimler family.
More than 450 dealers are standing by to help you get back on the road.
Your single source solution.
Freightliner Custom Chassis has been offering innovative alternative-fuel chassis for more than a decade. In fact, we were the first to market hybrid-electric chassis for the commercial vehicle market. In 2008, we introduced ecoFRED™, the motorhome industry’s first-ever hybrid-electric chassis, and the MB-HEV hybrid-electric commercial bus chassis. These two alternative-fuel chassis were introduced in response to a growing customer demand for alternative-fuel power that provides the same excellent performance and durability as FCCC’s premium diesel-powered chassis.
In March 2009, we introduced a robust alternative-fuel chassis – the hydraulic hybrid, built on the MT-55 walk-in van chassis. We also began manufacturing compressed natural gas (CNG) commercial vehicle chassis and hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) chassis for the walk-in van market segment. These alternative-fuel vehicles have proven to have significant fuel savings benefits.
In 2014, the propane-autogas S2G chassis rolled off the line – the first ever factory-installed propane autogas engine and fuel system available for the medium-duty truck market. But we won’t stop there. Keep an eye out for more green products to come as we continue to innovate and build the best chassis in the industry.
As we continue to explore new technologies and fuel options for your fleet, FCCC remains your single-source solution – no matter the power or application.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions about our products, options, website, dealers or anything else, please let us know. It’s the best way to make sure our service meets your expectations.
FREIGHTLINER CUSTOM CHASSIS CORPORATION
552 Hyatt St.
Gaffney, SC 29341
SERVICE & TRAINING CENTER
103 Campus Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
Hours: M-F, 8:00am to 4:30pm EST
Established in 1995 and trusted by some of the most respected names in the RV, walk-in van, commercial bus and school bus industries, Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation (FCCC) is a leading manufacturer of premium vehicle chassis. As part of the Daimler family, Freightliner Custom Chassis shares the heritage and engineering excellence of Freightliner and Mercedes-Benz – leveraging expertise in heavy-duty durability and precision performance to infuse each of our chassis with the best of all worlds.
Located in Gaffney, South Carolina, FCCC employs more than 650 employees in our manufacturing, customer support and retail facilities. As the world’s largest manufacturer of diesel walk-in van chassis, nearly two-thirds of all diesel walk-in van chassis sold today are made by FCCC. We also hold more than half the market in Type A diesel motor home chassis and more than a quarter of the market in conventional school bus chassis.
At FCCC, we recognize that our goal of building market-leading chassis cannot be realized without a thorough understanding of – and response to – our customers’ needs. We deliver superior performance, safety, reliability and customer support based on a wealth of in-depth knowledge and resources, because as we always tell our customers, we’re proud to say we’re Driven by You.
At approximately 200,000 sq. ft., the FCCC Factory is a must-see for Freightliner Chassis Owners. Just 4½ miles from our Service Center, the FCCC Factory offers a daily tour Monday – Friday with registration beginning at 10:15 am in the main lobby. Each tour lasts 45 minutes to an hour, and you will see everything from an engine being up-fitted with accessories to a completed chassis ready to roll out the door to the body builder. For your safety, we ask that no open toed shoes be worn.
552 Hyatt St.
Gaffney, SC 29341
Tour the factory to see how our chassis come together.